So about 8 years ago I decided to finally stop READING blogs and writing on one. I bought annastacy.com which doesn’t really make any sense because I was already separated from my husband and in the process of divorcing him changing my name back to my maiden name and I don’t know maybe it was late at night or something!
ANYWAY, I bought a domain.
And then in late 2004 I bought aflux.net and this is pretty much were I plan on being forever and ever and ever. I hate it when my favorite bloggers bounce around from domain to domain. Pick one, man!
Last weekend at a family reunion we sat around and talked about how cool it was to have sites like facebook to keep in touch from across the country and my dad, pointing out what a huge geek I am, told them that I facebook and tweet and have my own domain.
I kind of sat there nervously giggling and mentally trying to count the number of times I referred to tween boys as motherfuckers in my last post and hoping that one where an iPhone’s alarm clock outsmarts me had fallen off the front page. The domain name never came up though so I breathed a little sigh of relief.
THEN! My dad went and added me to the family facebook group and I had to be worried all over again. And now I’m dealing with the fact that the beautiful illusion of ladylike charm I fooled them all with was pretty much a waste of time.
Except for my Uncle Ted who managed to drop into a conversation that he read my last TWEENS SUCK BALLS rant. I often times forget that some of them already know and read this. So I just wanted to point out to my Uncle Ted that I’ve only said motherfucker once in this post (well, twice now) and that was only because I was quoting… myself.
HI UNCLE TED! *waves*
I’m pretty sure there was a point to all this somewhere…
Oh YEAH! FREE STUFF!
Because I love you all and because I love my blog, even though I’m pretty sure it’s going to be the reason I stop getting invited to family gatherings, and because this little blog has started to actually become profitable, I wanted to say thank you to all my blog friends. The family that read, the online friends I’ve made, the friends I have in real life and read, ALL OF YOU!
And because I really love Zoya.
Mainly because I really love Zoya.
I’m giving away two bottles of your choice of Zoya nail polish. Pick two bottles, any two bottles, and I’ll have them shipped to you!
1) American residents only. Sorry, kids, I’ll try and do something international sometime.
2) Three ways to enter:
- One comment here in the comment section to enter. (1 entry)
- Post about the contest on your own blog and comment here with the link. No need to make it a separate or long post, a line at the beginning or end of a post you were already going to write is fine! (1 entry)
- Like my BRAND NEW JUST FOR THIS POST Facebook fan page then comment here that you’ve liked it. (1 entry)
For each item, leave a comment here (so three total entries).
3) You’ll have to give me your address so if you think I’m as crazy as I actually am, understand that you will be giving your address to a crazy person.
4) Comments will be closed Friday at midnight and I’ll pick a winner on Saturday using Random.org and the winner posted either Saturday or Sunday. I’ll be at a band performance all day Saturday with Cassidy so it will most likely be Sunday.
So good luck! I wish I could give free nail polish to EVERYBODY! Now go pick your colors! Let me just temp you with these awesome beauties I got two weeks ago: